Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Hello August First!


 There's nothing quite like a morning to yourself with some tea in your best teapot and your best china. I have spent all day writing wedding thank you notes, and I am glad I had the tea to refresh me! I used some loose- leaf tea, because this pot has a strainer in it (nifty!), and it tasted like Christmas. I think I found my new favorite! I also know what I'm going to ask for for Christmas this year... little tea spoons to stir your tea with. I still have many more thank yous to write, but I needed a break.



This past Sunday, Scot and I taught Sunday school at church, and we enjoyed our time with the kids. The lesson was on Hezekiah, Amon, Manessah, and Josiah- quite a lot to cover for such young learners. We focused on how during one of the wars, God provided food for the people of Judah for two years without them having to plant anything themselves; and how God always provides for us, too. We had the kids paint pots and then they planted corn... I know, sounds kind of corny, but the kids loved it.


There you have my random, much-needed-break-from-writing-by-doing-more-writing-and-I-know-that-doesn't-make-sense-but-oh-well-post.



No comments:

Post a Comment