Sunday, May 11, 2014

Dear Abby: A Note for You on My First Mother's Day

Dear Abby,

Today is my first Mother's Day with you, baby girl! 

You have made me a mom, and I thank God every day for entrusting your dad and I with a tiny daughter who smiles and loves ceiling fans. 

You are nine weeks old, and you are just now starting to hear me sing to you... Because up until now, I have cried every time I've tried to sing due to overwhelming gratitude for you. You see when I was a little girl, I loved playing with baby dolls and sang to them, and each time I wished in my heart that when I was grown up, I would have a real little baby girl to sing to. And I do! You have made that wish come true for me. I look into your big brown eyes, and see myself reflected back as a mama now. 

Baby girl, I look into your eyes and see you taking in the world around you. I see you thinking about the people you meet, and how you track the dog and cat's every move. How when they find me, they light up and you smile! Nothing could be more precious. 

I am glad beyond belief you are my daughter Abigail! God placed you in my family so that you would learn His heart toward you, by how much your dad and I love you. This is an incredible honor to have bestowed on us, baby girl. I hope that just as I see myself reflected in your eyes, that you see your mom and dad reflect Him as you grow up, and that you learn while we love you more than anything else on earth, He loves you even more. 

This is the first of many days that I will rejoice over being your mom. 

Love always, 
Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment